Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Blood Trail Dogs For Sale During The Hunting Season

If you were to ask me when is the best time to buy a blood tracking dog and at what age, I would say buy a puppy during hunting season because that puppy's first taste of solid food is raw deer meat, and there is lots of opportunity to put the pup on fresh blood, and make a strong impression for the future tracking abilities of that dog in hunting seasons to come.
 
 
 Here is Cutty Dark the stud of the puppies below
 
 
 
 

Here are a couple of Little Ann and Cutty Dark puppies learning early on that a blood trail leads to a belly full of venison
 
 
 

The black and tan above is a male and the blue leopard below is a female. I am asking $300 each for these 2 born 10/15/2012 
 
 

 
 
The puppies below are out of Ruby and Patch, born 10/17/2012 and I am asking $500 each

 
 
 
Here you can see one of my "methods" of laying out a blood trail during deer season. 
 
 
This is a milk jug hooked into my trailer hitch on the back of the pick up truck. And as much as I am a firm believer that the true blood trail dog training happens in the woods during deer season, the more you can use fresh(not frozen) deer blood during the hunting season to lay out scent trails in your yard or at the lease, or farm, I say do it!
 

I have friends and neighbors who regularly drop off ice chests full of heads, hides, legs, and a body cavity with heart and liver, for my blood trail dog training activities.
 
 
At least once or twice a week during hunting season, we lay out scent trails in different places and give everyone a chance to run down a scent line and gorge themselves at the gut pile.
 
 
If you are starting a new dog always give them treats at the kill site and especially allow them to hang around the skinning shed and enjoy the goodies that comes with hunting season.



If you are interested in a puppy or started dog, you can call me at 337 298 2630. I also do professional blood tracking services in south central Louisiana. My name is Marcus de la Houssaye, and I will be glad to talk to you if you questions, or need services.

No comments: