Sunday, January 22, 2012

Headshots Aren't Always A Good Idea!

We do not live in a perfect world and no one is perfect either.

Someone decided they would try their luck at being a sniper and failed. Headshots are not a great idea in most aspects of hunting. This poor animal is a perfect example of it. We found this poor girl inside a game preserve near someones house, somebody shot her jaw apart, I understand these things happen but you can reduce the chance by leaving the head alone. The target is to small to get prefection every time.

We tried calling a game wardon to get permission to shoot her inside the preserve and tried to contact the land owner as well but couldn't reach either, so unfortunatly we had to leave the poor girl alone. I wish there was something else I could have done. Remember I could have faced a nember of different charges, adding up to about $15,000, this is why I left her.

I don't like seing anything like this happening to any animal, this poor doe suffered a large amount, because someone thought they were a sniper, it didn't have to go down like that. I want to try to get the word out there, and convince people headshots are NOT the way to go!

Anyone who knows a head hunter should see this video.

Always aim for the boiler room! Much larger target, less room for mistakes!



No comments: